Monday, 4 August 2008

Back from Hong Kong in Business Class Seat

An amazing shopping trip and a really good forum at Hong Kong. =D

Will update in depth once I get the photos from Caderam.

But as a starter, let me tell you more about flying in Business Class.

I was in for a surprise when I check in as I was told that my Economy Class Tix was upgraded to Business Class. I didn't know why but I guess that it was because a Korean Tour group has booked a lot of tix from them and they upgraded those single seaters to accommodate them. So what's so special for Business Class?

Right from the start, they can get a drink or two from the stewardess and there are like 4 of them serving business class which is only 20-30 pax. The ratio is so much higher than that of economy class. What you will notice is also the fact that mostly they are ang mohs and have a big belly. **Xu Wen, you are on your way there with your golden hair and your beer belly. Jia you!** hahaha.. Kidding.

When I fell asleep while the plane took off, the meals were served. When I woke up, I realise that I was not awaken to take my meal. Instead, I was left to sleep and once I woke up, the stewardess asked if I would like my meal to be served and I said Yes. This is different from economy class where they will wake you up and ask you what you want.

What came was a surprise as I was given a mini table cloth and a plate of starter which is salmon and a salad. I asked for a glass of champagne and water and started on the appetizers. After finishing the appetizers, I was immediately served my main course with 3 dishes to choose from and I choose the pasta. I was addressed with 'Mr. Tay' and whenever they serve me or ask any question to any of the Business Class Passengers, we were called by our name. While I tot all is over, I was asked if I wanted cheese or fruits and I chose the latter. All is not done as there is also a passion fruit cake that was served and then I was asked if I wanted Coffee or Tea which the stewardess will take down with pen and paper to ensure that all the drinks were customised. And then it was another serving of chocolate from them from a box which I declined. Haha..

Looking at it, the service is so much better at business class than in economy but at the end of it, I still conclude that paying the extra money for the service is not worth it unless you wanna experience it or if you have too much extra cash on hand that you dunno where to spend. haha..

No comments: