Thursday, 14 August 2008

Self-Deception

A: 'I am pretty upset by your performance today. What were you thinking man?'

B: 'Nope. I don't think that I have did anything wrong nor anything that is incorrect. It was all planned for. That is what I exactly wanted it to be.'

A: 'Are you sure that that is what you have planned for? Or are you just simply deceiving yourself?'

Above is one classic example where one is obviously deceiving himself and people around him that whatever that has happened is planned for and part of a greater cause. But the true fact is this. You can never read the real intention of a person. He may say whatever that he says but that may not be the truth.

Human beings are naturally self-defensive. We are naturally people who are not receiving of any critic as we think that we are always correct. But it is always good to take a step back and start thinking and reflecting about yourself. I myself included. I often take at least 30 mins a day to reflect on myself and think about what I have did wrong today and how to make it better the next time I am faced with the same issue. And this process is tedious but it reaps great benefit to oneself over a long period of time. The next time that you start defending yourself, try to stop yourself from doing so and take a step back and think about it carefully. are you simply defending for the sake of defending or are you true to your words?

Elections is coming or rather, it has already started. I am still thinking what should I do. Should I run for DE Club again or should I move on to NUSSU or should I just take a break? What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

呵呵,茗浩,好久没写东西了.