Sunday, 26 July 2009

15 Minutes Quick UpdateS!

Damn.. I need more time!! I guess I will be burning midnight oil pretty frequently for the next few weeks as the due date for Dissertation is drawing closer.. Hence.. I will have lesser time to update.. 15 mins and that's all.. So sit tight..

8Th July was a very pleasant day cause I had a very good evening with Lynn, Stanley and Alicia.. We went to watch Own Time Own Target.
A very nice show as it was really funny and very realistic with the usage of vulgarities as it was being used in the army.. Especially so for the character who will start every single sentence with 'CB!!'.. haha.. We had a good laugh and it is strongly recommended for others too! But a bit the late as the show has ended.. Perhaps they will re-play the show next year so make sure you get to watch it. =D

Anyway, a bit more on how I get to watch this show.. It was actually a surprise that was arranged by Lynn and Alicia to surprise me and stanley but I got Lynn to tell me who I am meeting and such and she revealed that we are meeting Alicia and Stanley. It was suppose to be a dinner and a movie but I got to guess that it was not a movie cause of the bits and pieces of information that I got from Lynn.. By the stroke of luck, I got to National Library early that day as I wanted to do some readings on my dissertation.. Normally I would have taken the lift but I took the escalator instead and as the I was going up to the reference library, the drama centre caught my eyes with the deco and the staff who were preparing for OTOT's preview. I went in, took a walk and could have possibly missed out the fact that we are watching OTOT if I did not take up a brochure on the cost and the dates. Taa-daa.. 8pm.. 8th July first show.. Lynn mentioned in a SMS that we got to be ready by 8pm cause the movie starts at 8.. It got me suspicious and I went to check the movie timings at Shaw.. There is no show at 8.. So I called Lynn..

Me: Dear Dear, I at Bugis le.. What show we watching ah?
Lynn: Dunno leh.. Got to ask Alicia..
Me: Oh.. Is it transformer?
Lynn: No la.. Not transformer.. I think it is Ice Age la.. **Stammering**
Me: oh.. Is it? But ICE Age is at 9pm leh..
Lynn: Oh.. I dunno la.. Call Alicia loh.. She book tix one..
**HAng Up..

I knew she will immediately call alicia to get her to sell the same story.. hence I immediately called Alicia..

Me: Hello.. Alicia ah.. Eh what show we watching ah?
Alicia: Dunno leh.. The name very long and complicated one..
Me: Oh.. Is it transformer or ice age?
Alicai: No la.. Not those.. I forget the name liao..
**Second Line**
Alicia: Eh wait ah.. Lynn on second line.. I call you back..
**Hang up..

Wahhahhahaa.. Why must Lynn call alicia leh when she ask me to call her? Why Lynn say Ice Age when Alicia says no? hahaha..
The mystery is solved.. The answer is OTOT!! wahahaha..

Although it was a known surprise.. It was a very very plesant surprise.. Really lovely of them and I was really touched by that.. and.. Lynn knows.. =D Thanks dear!!

That was one of the significant events that happened over the past 2 weeks..

The following week was SAF Paracounsellor Course.. I volunteered for it as I think that it is very useful in life.. Everyone at some point will need counselling or give counselling.. it is a lifelong skill and I must say that I learnt a lot over the 5 days.. It is quite a compact course but I was lucky once again to have very good chaps in my group and every discussion session was an interesting and enjoyable one.. I got to meet 2 non-saf personnel from ALPA-S. James Png and Debbie. They shared a lot of insights into a pilot's life and also the procedures to be a pilot with SIA. Blessed to have them in the course as they offered a very different perspective for the course discussion. Some notable knowledge was dealing with suicide, grief and breaking of bad news. From the course, I got to know some of the things that I did not understand in the past and this course is really beneficial and I hope that every officer will be able to go through the course in bid to understand servicemen better.

19th and 20th July was visiting to Malaysia with Lynn's parents. We went to visit Auntie's siblings who are living in Malaysia and through the trip, I got to interact more with Lynn's parents.. It was a good trip as I got quality time with Lynn and also a break away from work and from Singapore. Simple living in Malaysia but there are also issues that they faced where we Singaporeans will not be able to understand.. The grass is always greener on the other side.. =D

Now got to work for my dissertation and this Tuesday I will be meeting my prof le.. Update again..

Love,
ET

No comments: