Wednesday, 1 July 2009

SAF Day

Today is SAF Day. I did not set my alarm and was awaken by Jun Shi when I did not meet him at 0645 at the meeting place. I jumped out of bed and had a quick wash up, changed and ran to meet him. 0701hrs. I was 16mins late. so paiseh to keep him waiting when he was doing a favor for me by giving me a lift. Luckily, we reached camp on time at 0730hrs.

Collected the colours and left for SAFTI. Ate breakfast at the SAFTI canteen before falling in at 1015hrs. Team A to rest while Team B to go for rehearsal. I am in Team A, aka NDP Ensign while Gary is in Team B, aka SAF Day Ensign. So basically, my team either sleep, read newspaper or play PSP. I did not sleep as I was not that tired hence I took my notebook and started to think about the things that I want to do as an OC when I am back to the force for good. There are many things that can be done but it really requires a strong team to support the vision.

Lunch was KFC AGAIN. sick and tired of it but there is no choice unless we spend money at the canteen for lunch. Went to have a haircut at SAFTI Barber Shop at $3. Told the lady that I want to have the hairstyle 'mallet' and she asked 'How does that style look like?' and I described it to her. Then she said 'oh.. that is astro la.. there is another style that sounds the same but that is MARLET.' We had a short discussion what is the name but I concluded by telling her 'ok.. it doesn't matter what is the name, as long as you are able to cut the style that I had described.' Lol.. It was kind of paiseh cause she took a lot of time to cut my hair and the rest of the people in the queue were like 'sian-half' cause she took great care to style my hair. Others took at most 4 mins while mine was about 5mins. Lol.. But I must say.. the hairstyle looks good. =D

After that was some presentation ceremony and then we changed into our number 1 uniform. wanted to get something to eat so I went to the mess with Jonathan and Willip. At the mess, we talked about religion and I realised that Willip had the same religion and he is also interested in what I was practicing. We had a very interesting discussion about what is buddhism, what is the practices and even talked about christianity. We concluded that, whatever religion you practice, it is important to question the religion because questioning is not an act of doubt but an act of trying to understand more. After eating, we left for the casing and uncasing of colours. MSD inspected us and upon clearing, we left for the parade square.

The parade was almost flawless, except for some minor mis-step, and no one fainted in the parade. After the parade, the colours were posted at the dining hall and all the ensigns were told to interact with the guests. I met some of the people that I worked with before and had my dinner at the dining hall. After the dinner, the colours were retrived and we went back to camp.

Tomorrow is an off day, and so is friday. I will be starting on my dissertation tomorrow and perhaps doing some research in school on friday if there is a need to. Need a break to rest too so I will be talking my time doing my dissertation tml.

=D
Ernest

No comments: