Monday, 18 June 2007

Finally..

Finally.. Finally I am starting a blog. Didn't have time to catch up with a lot of my friends and I guess this will be a good place to update my friends about how I am doing and the things that happened in my life.

And most importantly, what goes on in my brain.. The thoughts on certain issues, the sharing of knowledge that I have and also sharing of experiences. As time goes by, I guess I'll relate things that happens day to day to what I had experienced over the last 22 years of my life. Those close to me will know that I am very UNCLE and I am pretty much philosophical but well, that's me and that's my style. =D

Since the start of the vacation, I've been back for attachment while most of my friends were looking for a part-time job and some luckier ones who were borned with a silver spoon in their mouth were travelling to countries like Las Vegas, Hong Kong and even planning to go Dubai. Well.. Do I envy those who can enjoy their vacation while I'm working? Do I envy those who can travel all they want now while they are young?

Frankly, I envy freedom but at the same time, too much freedom may not be really good. A few of them could not travel cause they do not have money and it is worse when they can't find a job. And the worst of all is to have no money to travel, cannot find a job and do not have activities to be engaged in. Those will just nuah and slack and if I were in their shoes, Lynn will have a big headache as I will think about everything under the sun and swings my mood frequently. LOL.. =X

As for those who are borned with a silver spoon, I am happy for them but I am happier for myself as I am not borned with a silver spoon. I am happy that I am borned poor. With just hundreds of dollars per month to feed 6 mouths, (Dad, Mum, 2 Elder Bro, Myself and Granny), those times when I was young was pretty tough. But through that, we learnt how to appreciate things and see things in a different light. Though I do not have a lot of toys, I had a lot of unconditional love from mum. The three sons of hers is a big headache but she gave us her undivided attention and love. We had a shelter over our heads, food on the table for all three meals, new clothes for at least once a year (chinese new year) and that was enough. And perhaps it is my upbringing that led me to who I am today and how I think. I never had to spend on handphones, wallet nor watches. Everything was passed down from dad to me. Those wallets had earned the roll of honours from many of my friends that the wallets looked UNCLE and old-fashioned and not-something-that-someone-your-age will carry.. Haha.. but does it matter? Does the brand matters? or is it the function of it and how the user uses the wallet? In the 1st place, is there any other usage of the wallet other than to keep our cards, our money and our coins? I wonder what went on in the brain of those who spend hundreds of dollars on wallets.. Perhaps those wallets have some electronic sensors or money printing capabilities.. LOL.. Perhaps a good phone can do a lot more like MP3 and taking photos etc. That will be more justifiable than watches and wallets.. =D Call me a practical person.. and YeS I am!

A lot of times, we are so engaged in chasing brands and higher social status that we lost ourselves in the midst of it. Ask yourself if you are happy with what you have now. Ask yourself if you had time for yourself and your loved-ones. Ask yourself if money is able to replace a lost r/s or someone who is lost. You and I know the answer to it yet it seems that money and material needs is one of those loved-ones in our hearts. That's the only 'logical' reason why we care so much about these non-living things than those living ones.

What is the only thing that is forever in this world??
Sad to say.. The only thing that is forever is death.. Death is forever..

Enough for today. A lot to share but perhaps along the way, I'll share more. =D Night!

No comments: